The St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office is sworn to protect the people of St. Mary's County, and cooperates with other local, state, and federal agencies to do so. We encourage citizens to report suspicious activity, especially that which may be related to potential or actual terrorist activity:
- Citizens Online Reporting System - Used for the reporting of suspicious incidents that have occurred in the past.
- St. Mary's County Crime Solvers - If you have a tip on a crime that has occurred in St. Mary's County, contact Crime Solvers.
- TipSoft - Confidential Web Tip Information System
- Southern Maryland Information Center (SMIC) - It is the mission of the Southern Maryland Information Center (SMIC) to collect, evaluate, and disseminate information on known or suspected criminal violators, groups, or organizations for analytical exploitation.
301-475-8008 (non-emergency dispatch, available 24/7)
In an emergency or a crime in progress, call 9-1-1 immediately
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) - Protecting the American people from terrorist threats is the reason the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) was created, and remains its highest priority.
- Maryland Coordination and Analysis Center (MCAC) - The Maryland Coordination and Analysis Center coordinates the efforts of federal, state, and local agencies to gather, analyze, and share intelligence information with law enforcement, public health, and emergency responder personnel.
- National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS) - In 2011, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) replaced the color-coded alerts of the Homeland Security Advisory System (HSAS) with the National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS), designed to more effectively communicate information about terrorist threats by providing timely, detailed information to the American public.
- Ready.gov - Prepare for emergencies.